Royal Brunei Airlines Promo Fares
RB offers the delegates of ICES-2017 promotional prices to travel to Brunei Darussalam.
Please check the promo prices in the Table below. In order to get these prices, you must show a confirmation letter from ICES-2017 to your nearest travel agent of RB. Please ask the Secretariat of ICES-2017 (email@example.com) for your certificate to claim your special fare with RB.
Selling Period: 14th August 2017 - 31st October 2017
Terms & Conditions
- Flight Restrictions : Valid on RB operated flights only.
- Authorized Agents : All request must be channeled through RB Sales Office.
- Fares are return airfares quoted base on the point of the origin countries as specified above.
- Name Change : Not permitted except for typo error only.
- Taxes are correct as of 31st July 2017 and subject to change depending on exchange rate upon ticketing.
- For further informations, please contact RBA Sales Office or visit our website, www.flyroyalbrunei.com.
Bandar Seri Begawan is well connected to several main international destinations through a network of flights.
Brunei International Airport (IATA: BWN)
The main airport in Brunei Darussalam. It serves as the home base for Royal Brunei Airlines with destinations across London, Dubai, Melbourne, Malaysia, Shanghai, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Istanbul, Jeddah, Singapore, Tokyo, Philippines, Vietnam, and Indonesia. The airport facilitates also many other international airlines with flights all over the world.
Miri Airport (IATA: MYY)
Located in the city of Miri, in the state of Sarawak in East Malaysia of Borneo. Miri is very close to the border of Brunei Darussalam and in a distance of 156 km from Bandar Seri Begawan. Miri Airport features international and domestic flights. Passengers willing to arrive to Bandar Seri Begawan through Miri Airport must consider that visa may be required to enter the Malaysia territory and that subsequently they must drive to Bandar Seri Begawan for about 2 hours and 15 minutes.
You can see the route on a google map, too, here
Kota Kinabalu International Airport (IATA: BKI)
Located about 8 km from the city of Kota Kinabalu, the capital of Sabah State in Malaysia of Borneo. It is considered as one of the main gateways of Borneo Island with numerous international and domestic flights. Passengers willing to arrive to Bandar Seri Begawan through Kota Kinabalu International Airport must consider that visa may be required to enter the Malaysia territory. Subsequently they have the following options:
- Travel by plane: The fastest and most comfortable way. Royal Brunei Airlines operates one or two daily roundtrip services between Kota Kinabalu and Bandar Seri Begawan; the flight takes about 40 minutes. Malaysia Airlines and Air Asia also operate regular flights in both directions.
- Travel by boat: A quite convenient way of travelling but you have to take two boats routing from Kota Kinabalu to Labuan Island and then Labuan Island to Brunei. The trip lasts about 5 hours including 2 hours layover in Labuan.
- Travel by car: You will drive through a nice scenery mostly along the north coast of Borneo for about 6 hours for a distance of 326 km.
Please see more details on this website.
You can see further details for travelling to Bandar Seri Begawan here
All foreign nationals entering Brunei Darussalam may contact for VISA requirement at their respective Brunei Darussalam diplomatic missions abroad.
Information regarding VISA can be obtained from this website.
Participants who need to receive an official letter of invitation in order to obtain a visa, raise travel funds, or for administrative purposes please apply for this document via email to the Secretariat. This invitation is not a commitment on the part of the organisers to provide financial support.
Please note that the organisers can only issue an invitation letter which includes the actual dates of the Congress and the dates of the fieldtrips.
The Congress Organisers recommend that delegates purchase travel insurance.