Call for Abstracts
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS NOW CLOSED.ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS NOW CLOSED.
Click below to download Final Abstract Book
The Scientific Committee invites authors to submit abstracts for selection and inclusion in the 1st International Congress on Earth Sciences in SE Asia 2017, Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam.
Please find below instructions for the layout and submission of abstracts:
- Abstracts should focus on ICES 2017 themes, that have been classified into four core topics and include but are not limited to: ICES 2017 Themes
- Abstracts should be submitted electronically using the online submission system: Submit An Abstract
- Each participant may submit up to two abstracts only as a presenting author, either an oral and poster. Should a participant wish to submit more Abstracts, an additional fee of 50 BND will apply for each extra Abstract.
- Student registration fee implies that only one Abstract can be submitted under the term that the registered delegate (student) will be the first author. No changes in the first author will be permitted then.
- You will be able to replace your submitted Abstract at any time until the deadline for Abstract acceptance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The deadline for abstract submission is the
16th July 2017- - EXTENDED TO 16th OCTOBER 2017. Abstracts received after that date will not be evaluated.
- It is the submitting author's responsibility to ensure that the abstract is accurate and well written. Only abstracts submitted by authors who have paid in full of their congress registration fee and the additional fees (if any) will be published in Abstract Book of Congress.
- Any potential bank charges incurred will be borne by the participant themselves.
- We invite you to submit abstracts in the formats below.
- Abstracts should contain no more than 400 words and must be written in English and structured in the following format.
Each participant must register before submission of Abstract via online registration in this webpage. First Author’s registration ID should be here.
Should indicate the preferred type of presentation (Oral or Poster).
In capital letters. Do not use abbreviations.
Full names (First or Given Name and Surname). Arrangements of the authors’ names must be followed by a number that will indicate his/her affiliation.
FirstNameA SurnameA1, FirstNameB SurnameB2, FirstNameC SurnameC1
The first affiliation must correspond to the first author, second affiliations … for second author and so on.
1Universiti Brunei Darussalam, Faculty of Science, Department of Geology, Jalan Tungku Link, BE1410, Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
2University of Patras, School of Natural Science, Department of Geology, Rion, 26500 Patras, Greece
Figures, tables and illustrations may not be included in the abstract.
- All submissions will be reviewed by two external referees who will be assigned by members of the Scientific Committee prior to deciding whether or not they can be accepted in the ICES 2017.
- In case you did not receive any confirmation email of your Abstract submission within 3 working days, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Notification of acceptance/rejection of abstracts will be sent by e-mail to the corresponding author by the 20th October 2017. If you have not received information concerning the abstract by that date, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All revised abstracts should be submitted in .docx format, by replying to the “Your Abstract has been accepted with revisions” email.