Doctor of Philosophy Programme
- At least a Master's Degree (or equivalent) from a recognized university in a relevant discipline
- In exceptional cases, subject to the relevant UBD regulations, an applicant with a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent qualifications from a recognised University will be considered as a PhD candidate.
- Subject to the relevant UBD regulations, and depending on the merits of each case, a MSc by Research candidate in a relevant field in UBD may be considered for conversion to PhD candidature.
- Shortlisted applicants may be interviewed on a case by case basis.
Duration of Programme
- Full-Time: minimum 36 months, maximum 60 months
- Part-Time: minimum 48months, maximum 84 months
August and January
The programmes offered at PhD level are:
- Applied Physics
- Computer Science
The Universiti Brunei Darussalam introduced the Graduate Research Scholarship Programme in August 2010 to facilitate and promote research degrees in order to develop the University into a research-intensive university, and also to expand and enhance the quality of graduate programmes and graduates. Full details can be found here