Doctor of Philosophy Programme
- At least a Master's Degree (or equivalent) from a recognized university in a relevant discipline
- In exceptional cases, subject to the relevant UBD regulations, an applicant with a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent qualifications from a recognised University will be considered as a PhD candidate.
- Subject to the relevant UBD regulations, and depending on the merits of each case, a MSc by Research candidate in a relevant field in UBD may be considered for conversion to PhD candidature.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate English language proficiency of at least grade C6 in English Language at GCE ‘O’ Level Examinations or a grade ‘B’ in IGCSE English (as a Second Language) or an IELTS score of 6.0 or TOEFL (excluding institutional TOEFL ITP) minimum overall score of at least 550, or Band B2 in UBD English Proficiency Test (UBD-EPT).
- Shortlisted applicants may be interviewed on a case by case basis.
Duration of Programme
- Full-Time: minimum 36 months, maximum 60 months
- Part-Time: minimum 48months, maximum 84 months
August and January
The programmes offered at PhD level are:
- Applied Physics
The Universiti Brunei Darussalam introduced the Graduate Research Scholarship Programme in August 2010 to facilitate and promote research degrees in order to develop the University into a research-intensive university, and also to expand and enhance the quality of graduate programmes and graduates. Full details can be found here